Video: Beachy Waves Tutorial
For the last couple of months I’ve been getting A LOT of requests on how I do my hair to get the kind of beachy, flowing waves you see in a lot of my pictures. I’ve tried to explain it through messages to some people and verbally to others, and it apparently I must be really bad at it because almost everyone has come back asking me for a better explanation (I’m sorry!!!).
So, here’s a video showing you how I do it. It’s so easy and takes LESS THAN 10 MINUTES once you get the hang of it. Yes, this is a fact!
Ok, so here are a few extra tips to help you.
1. I’m using this curling wand. It’s amazing and it’s cheap.
2. I wash my hair at night, let it air dry and sleep on it. I don’t use a blow dryer.
3. I only wash my hair every 3-4 days. Therefore I use dry shampoo way more than regular shampoo. This dry shampoo is my current fav and again, it’s CHEAP. And I’ve tried too.many.
4. The savior from keeping my ends from drying out is this stuff. I used to swear by Moroccan oil, but my girlfriend recently gave me this Macademia oil to sample and omg…it’s better.
5. I always curl away from my face. It looks completely different when I curl toward my face (a little more Shirley Temple, a little less day at the beach).
6. I tried to make it under 10 minutes, but apparently I'm too chatty kathy for that, ahhhh I'm sorry. And I'm sorry for the ums (eek!)